Welcome to Kearney Community Covenant Church. We offer two worship services Sunday mornings at 9:00 & 10:30 a.m. and a fellowship time at 10:00 a.m., coffee and donuts are provided.
Families with young children are encouraged to come to the 10:30 a.m. service. Kids' Worship is held during the 10:30 a.m. service and nursery is available for the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. services throughout the year.
Sunday School for all ages is held every Sunday between Labor Day and Memorial Day at 9:00 a.m.
Our youth programs meet Wednesday evenings throughout the school year. Our kids program,
E.D.G.E. (Early Disciples Getting Excited) meets at 6:30-8:00 p.m. Everyone will start with worship in the sanctuary
and then move to classrooms.
The FIRM (Confirmation) is for Jr. High students and meets 7:00-7:45 p.m. in classroom #6.
The CONVERSATION is for students 9-12th grade and meets from 6:30-8:00 p. m. in the Youth Room.
LAUNCH is our Wednesday night class for adults and meets from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in classroom #2.
The EDGE, CONVERSATION and LAUNCH will be using the new curriculum Bible Studies for Life. For more info go to
Current Sermon Series
Pastor Mike is doing a mission focused sermon series beginning November 2 and ending the Sunday
You're Invited to a Packing Party!
Demonstrate God's love in a tangible way to needy children around the world through Operation Christmas Child.
Please join us for fun, fellowship, and filling shoebox gifts!
- Date: Wednesday, November 19th
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Place: Community Covenant Church
- Please bring: A shoe box and gift items
- Shoe box: normal shoe box or plastic storage shoe box w/lid
- Toys! Start with a central item that a child will cherish, like a beautiful doll, a deflated soccer ball (with pump & needles), or a plush stuffed animal. Then add quality items like toy cars, musical instruments (kazoos, harmonicas), puzzles, jump ropes, yo-yos, small Etch A Sketch, Slinky, etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, stamps and ink pad sets, rulers, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrush, mild bar soap, comb, washcloth, deoderant, etc.
- Other: t-shirts, socks, ball caps, flip-flops, sunglasses, hair clips and bands, toy jewelry, flashlights(with extra batteries).
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. (If you include your name and address, the child may write back).
- Younger Children items: blankets, stickers and picture books, blocks, finger puppets, pages of colorful stickers.
- Older Children: Small tools, tape measures, sewing kits, fabric squares, etc.
- DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolates or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snowglobes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Operation Christmas Child blesses children around the world with gift-filled shoeboxes that become opportunities to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Bible Studies For Life - Wednesday Nights
A huge THANK YOU! to all of you who worked tirelessly to make Holy Smoke 2014 the fine event that it was. Approximately 650 meals were served and over $2,100 was donated to the Kearney Food Pantry by those attending.
"It was like a mini Branson." "Felt like a big block party." "The pulled pork was restaurant quality." "What's the band's name?" "Oh, that's our worship team!" These were just a few of the comments overheard at the Second Annual Holy Smoke BBQ contest, meal and entertainment event.
Even though we pigged out on pulled pork and had a smoking good time, the event is more than just food and fun. The Holy Smoke event is also a fundraiser for the Kearney Food Pantry. Nearly $1700.00 was collected in the countrified piggy banks provided on the tables and around 700 people enjoyed a free meal and excellent entertainment.